Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. Prostitutes have invented many different ways to earn money by selling sexual services.
Here is a list of different kind of prostitute types:
- Independent Call girl / Escort – Independent female escorts work for themselves in hotels and private buildings like houses, charge high prices, and stay away from the public eye. They likely advertise their services online, and they get to keep their profits since they’re self-employed.
- Escort Agency Employee – Like independent call girls, employees of escort agencies work in private locations or hotels and charge relatively high prices.
- Brothel Employee – Brothels are dedicated locations where people pay for sex and can include saunas and massage parlors. The prices they charge are “moderate,” and brothel workers endure “moderate exploitation” since they have to give part of their earnings to the brothel owners.
- Window Worker – This type of prostitution is prevalent in Amsterdam, enticing passersby to enter houses of prostitution by prominently displaying the women in windows.
- Bar or Casino Worker – These sex workers make initial contact with men at a bar or casino and then have sex at a separate location. In bars in Thailand, the Philippines, and the Dominican Republic, guys pay “bar fees” to leave a club with a worker and spend several days with her. The guys (often foreigners) pay the women’s expenses during that time, in an arrangement that often confers status on the prostitute. The women earn low-to-moderate salaries.
- Streetwalker / Street Hooker – Streetwalkers earn relatively little money and are vulnerable to exploitation. Not surprisingly, they report less job satisfaction and get paid less than “indoor prostitutes” (bar workers, brothel workers, or call girls). Working on the streets is very dangerous for the girls.